Sunday, July 26, 2009

Back from BlogHer


I'm a little sad to be home. I'm a little happy to be home. I'm happy to be home because I no longer have to share a teeny double bed with my wonderful friend Heather. If I have to share my bed with someone, I'm glad it's her.

Wait. That came out wrong. You know what I'm trying to say. I thought about saying it differently, but it's just going to sound wrong no matter what!

My roommates were spectacular. Heather and I roomed with LeeAnn from The Butter Compartment and Julie from Mampedia who doesn't have her own personal blog. They were so interesting and such fun! I was a little worried about ending up with roommate drama, but there was none in sight!

I wish that I had gotten to meet more of the women at BlogHer, although I know it was impossible to meet all 1399 of the other women(and men) who were there. I have a pile of people whose blogs I need to read, who I need to follow on Twitter and who I need to email! I am sure it's going to occupy me for at least the next week. Probably much, much longer.

I have pages of ideas about posts for my blogs. I can't wait to start on them! I also had spectacular cheerleader on my car ride back from Chicago. There may be a possible new business enterprise for me that comes out of the weekend. All in all, it was an invigorating, exciting, inspiring weekend! I hope I can hang onto all the ideas and ephiphanies until I have time to sort through them all! Stay tuned for exciting new things at My Kingdom For a Book and my two new blogs, Churchsurfing (about local churches), and my blog about being single, Quirky Single Girl.

Oh, and bonus for you! A photo of me enjoying an alcohol-free mudslide from Quaker Oats at BlogHer '09!

5 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

I think I'm in the same place you are with it - my head is spinning with everything I got out of it and everything I want to follow up on.

You, Heather and Julie were so fun, and I feel super fortunate that our roomie arrangement was as awesome as it was. As horrible as my whole search for roomies initially began, I couldn't have asked for a better outcome :)

Now I can't wait for BlogHer '10 in NYC!

Wisconsin Parent said...

Hello! I'm glad to have met you in the rather scrunched Speed Dating line at Blog Her. Happy Blogging!

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet all of you ladies of 2714- please keep in touch!

-Julie

The Mother Tongue said...

lol, I'm glad you thought of it as cheerleading and not browbeating. *blush*

No doubt: we've all got to room together again next year. Also? Please can we fly this time? :D

JC said...

Glad you had a great time at Blogher. So did I. I'm so glad I met you.