Monday, September 15, 2008

Welcome to Book Blogger Appreciation Week

Welcome to visitors as well as a welcome back to my "regular" readers. I think I have some. No one has been very chatty in the comments. I am proud to say that I have a writer comment on one of my blog entries! Very exciting for me. Please see the list of book bloggers participating here. Happy reading!

With that said, this is a very new book blog. I've posted a few reviews, but not all that many yet. If you have any suggestions for new books to review, I'd love to hear them. I'm going to start blogging a bit about my real, non-bookworm life.

I'm a special education teacher to pay the bills. I recently moved from California to Kentucky. Unfortunately, I moved too late in the summer to secure a permanent position. I've been keeping an eye out for positions opening. It happens--more students enroll or are identified as having learning disabilities. Teachers crack under the pressure and quit. However, no luck so far. My father teaches in an adjoining county, and said that there is a possible opening. I called the school and they said they would know about the position at the end of September/beginning of October. I don't really want to wait that long for a job, to have money coming in. I still have bills to pay.

I did apply and had an interview last week with a youth home. I'm overqualified for the position, actually. I'll take it if they offer it to me, but I'll quit for a teaching position in a heartbeat. The youth home position asks for nothing more than a high school diploma. I've got a college degree and further work in order to get my teaching certification. Teaching pays more, and I think it's probably got better benefits. My best friend called today and said that they'd called her for a reference. She said that she couldn't think of any weaknesses that I have, which was very sweet. They have to have at least three references, so that's all I'm waiting for. Maybe a background check as well. If you're the praying type, say a little prayer for me, please!

3 comments:

LaShaunda said...

I’m part of the Book Blogger Appreciation week and I wanted to thank you for all you do to help promote books.

Rowena said...

My blog is part of Book Blogger Appreciation Week and it's been great to get out there and visit new to me blogs that have been brought to my attention through this great project Amy has put together.

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)